Is this a good omen or what?

One of the things I love most about musicals is when people randomly break into song, or even song and dance, even when the town or other setting of the story features people who are unmusical, such as in The Music Man. This, of course, very rarely happens in non-film life, much to my dismay. I very much envy characters in Bollywood for this trait of their everyday lives, knowing it will never happen to me, becuase, let's face it, I don't dance very well and I certainly don't know a whole four-minutes routine.

But today, as I walked towards the quad to get my coffee, I passed the music building, and some guy was walking down the street with a guitar, playing Weezer's "Say It Ain't So." I smiled in amazement, sort of to myself, and held my breath, looking around to see if anyone else seemed to want to start dancing and singing in the late summer sunshine. It would have been perfect.

Comments

Popular Posts