Aaah, so maybe that's why Bollywood has yet to successfully invade our fair pop culture shores.

More on this tomorrow, but for now, even though it is very late, I must tell the world: I am watching a Bollywood film (Khushi) that has actors in BLACKFACE. Unbelievable. And I thought No Entry's World Trade Center jokes were in bad taste. Did whoever made that decision have any idea what they were doing? Is this funny in India and other countries were Bollywood is big? Is using bad stage makeup and Halloween clown wigs to make actors look like another race ever funny? It's hard to imagine any circumstances under which this would be acceptable. Not to get all Debbie Downer, but my goodness.

The rest of Khushi is a hoot, though. I can't wait to tell you how it all turns out.

Comments

Popular Posts