Earth

I finally go to watch Earth. Wow. Just amazing. The thing that really stood out for me, other than how horrible a time and place in history that must have been, is how life can contain chaos and clarity, community and rift, subtle joys and dramatic emotion all at the same time - the contradictions we all contain within mix with those we navigate in the world and other people. Now that I think about it, Deepa Mehta's other movies portray this too, but the differences seemed so harsh here, ranging from ice cream to betrayal in one brief exchange.

Comments

I have seen the movie but found the book better (as it happens to books made into movies always). I know it as "Ice-Candy Man" by Bapsi Sidhwa the Pakistani writer also called "Cracking India" when it was released in US of A. The little kid totally steals the movie!
Obi Wan said…
I haven't read the book, but as I had mentioned in a comment on another post of yours, I found the movie really beautiful and touching. The icing on the cake was it's superb music.
Anonymous said…
cool site
Anonymous said…
cool site

Popular Posts