A for effort

I won't say where or who, but I have just heard an ensemble of many, I think seven, people attempt a version of "It's the Time to Disco" from KHNH. I was so very excited when the MC announced the song. I started dancing in my chair as the synthesizer kicked in. But I really had to stop myself from rushing the stage and grabbing the mic away because they just didn't do it justice - and I could have, as one of the singers had the lyrics printed out and was holding them while singing. However, I have at least three people who now want to see the real thing - so it was all for the greater good.

Comments

Obi Wan said…
I am disappointed. You did not 'sieze the moment', and the people out there missed out! Verrry bad!
Tee hee! Maybe next year....
I love that song! Now for a little bit of trivia as always. "It's the time for Disco" is a tribute made by Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy to the disco era personified by Nazia Hasan and Zoheb Hasan.

Who are Nazia Hasan and Zoheb Hasan? They were a brother-sister singing duo who made a splash in the Indian music scene in the early 80s. And boy were they a hit!Songs like "Aap Jaisa Koi" from Qurbani and "Disco Deewane" rom their own album were on everyone's lips for a long long time! Once you have heard their music, which is very hummable even today, you will see the similarity with "It's the time to Disco."
AFJ: I love "Aap Jaisa Koi"! I bought the Rough Guide to Bollywood CD this summer and that's on there. Love it, love it, love it. I agree, the songs are similar - in such a delicious way!

And hey lady, I hope your blog isn't under the weather!

Popular Posts