so this is what pleather sounds like

Thanks to the tip from Filmiholic about Saavn Mobile, my cell phone now rings to Dil Chahta Hai's "Koi Kahe Kehta Rahe." Akshaye just rolls his eyes affectionately, although entre nous, when I first got it and made him call my phone from his phone, just so he could hear it, he smiled. He thinks I don't see him dancing along to it when he's in the other room, but I do. He's so cute.

Update to post (February 20, 2007): I should mention my brief but fascinating history with filmy ringtones. When I was in India this summer, the phone I rentend had a bunch of ringtones on it already, some of which were disappointingly identical to ones heard in the US but others of which were exactly what I would have wanted, namely "Kajra Re" (as though played on the phone keys, not an actual clip of the song, which is what my current "Koi Kahe" clip is). So of course that's what I used. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that my whole group was tired of the song by the time our five weeks were up. Our much-loved tour manager, Rajan, had his phone set to that whistling song from Fanaa, and I was definitely ready not to hear that anymore. On my penultimate night in India, I was at a market in Delhi and I heard that ring, and I whipped around, expecting to see Rajan. Because clearly no one else in a country of over a billion people would have same ringtone.

Comments

pied piper said…
hmmmm, what's filmiholic's ringtone?....
Ashley said…
very cute. I think kuch kuch hota hai would be good ringtone, too.
Amaluu said…
You're so funny! I have to read backwards to get to where your deep love for Akshaye began. Well, it's ok w/ me, you can take him as long as I get Abhishek (yes, I am in denial that he is marrying the most beautiful woman in the world, and never mind the fact that I'm married too).
pszd - thanks! I bet your ringtone has your funny comments audio grafittied in on it! ;)

Ashley - definitely. This site doens't have a huge selection, but I'm just happy to get to choose it at all.

Anandini - thank you! You know, I don't think I've ever spelled it out. I'll have to get on that. The short version: I saw Taal on the big screen very early in my Bollywood watching, and Dil Chahta Hai was early too. How can a person not love Sid?
Indianoguy said…
Speaking of Ringtones...

I have 10 different ringtones, different ringtone for each regular caller. 'dol dol dol' from yuva for my brother, 'main hoon don' for my flatmate, 'fanaa' from yuva for my cousin, so on...
'dhoom machale' for everybody else.

May be you could try something like that...
Anonymous said…
Hi i am Sarah Jane and I have just started my Bollywood movie blog along with a few of my friends. Do care to check it out and if you like it do add me to your blogroll . I would also be very much interested in having a link exchange with you. If you have any suggestions regarding my site design or content , please feel free to email me .
Anonymous said…
my site is www.movietonic.com . Do visit it and let me know if you would like to have a link exchange.

Popular Posts