Last week at work we decided to bring in our favorite bad/ridiculous/silly movies so that we could have a little fun during one of the slowest weeks of the year. (If you have an auditorium with a good sound system at your disposal, you should use it, we figure.) Although we never got around to more than about half an hour of watching, I was ready, Commando in hand. (Not the Ahh-nold/Alyssa Milano one. The Mithun/Kim/Amrish Puri/Danny Denzongpa/Shakti Kapoor/Dalip Tahil/Satish Shah/Asrani/Iftekhar/Bob Christo/Tom Alter one. Everyone is in this movie.) Yesterday I was trying to tidy my desk and realized Commando was still sitting there, so before putting it in my bag I enjoyed one last look at Mithun's mullet on the front of the case and idly flipped it over to see who else made the cover. "Oh," I thought to myself, "there's the guy who played Mithun's brother-in-arms [Hemant Birje], and baddie Shakti Kapoor, and...huh, that other guy looks a lot like a KapooOHMYGODTHAT'S SHASHI!"*
Now I must face the sad and undoubtedly very inauspicious truth that my first Shashi movie was not, as previously thought, Shaan, but Commando. What is one to do with such knowledge?
Rewatch it and make screen captures, of course!
- Shashi, rescuer of injured colleagues and leader in a national crisis!
- Shashi, father figure and comforter in times of great sadness!
- Shashi, knower of important international policy!
- Shashi, adviser on secret missions!
And if anyone wants a slightly used copy of Commando, say the word.
* The phrase "...that looks like a KapooOHMYGOD" was invented by and used with permission of Filmi Geek.