Filmi Secret Santa Project

It's baaaaack!


Remember in grade school (or in my case, high school French class) when you'd get assigned to be someone's Secret Santa and give them little presents for a week? And trying to figure out who gave you that cardboard book of Life Savers? So fun! I hereby invite you to participate in a Filmi Secret Santa program, and the rules are thus:
  • Presents will be virtual - digital image collages, videos, song re-writes, new script ideas, poetic tributes, etc.
  • In order to get presents, you have to give at least one. That is, to be assigned as someone's recipient, you will also get a recipient. The number of presents each Santa gives is up to them.
  • Keeping your identity secret for a week or so somehow seems more fun. Obviously this could be tricky over email, but I will happily run interference if you want to send me your present and I pass it on to your recipient with the sender's details omitted.
  • To participate, email me your name, email address, and website and twitter if you have them. This information will be given only to the friend I enlist to help send out the assignment emails (so that I can play too) and to whoever is assigned your name.
  • I also recommend submitting a small list of your favorite films, stars, etc, so that if the person who gets your name doesn't know you well, they'll have a starting point for their presents. Otherwise you might end up with a Uday Chopra fan video, and no one wants only a very few select people want that.
  • Names will be assigned by drawing names out of a hat or as close that as we can manage.
  • OPTIONAL: if you are inspired to give a 3-D present, you certainly may, but doing so is by no means required. If you would like to go into the hat for potentially getting a 3-D present, you will have to give me (and thus my helper) your mailing address and be aware that someone else whom you may not know will also be given that information.
I will assign names at the end of the day on Thursday, December 9 (and I'm GMT -6:00). You will get an email with your recipient's information. The present-giving can start any time after and go for as long as you want! Last year I meant to organize a big post revealing who was who but forgot to do it, so I'll try really hard to do so this year.

Comments

hot girl said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sparklehayter said…
I want to do filmi secret santa, beth!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jenny said…
flmi secret santa ..count me in too :))
Bollywood Talk said…
babita is Mummy of Karizma Kapoor.

Popular Posts